I hope this finds you well, healthy and happy. As we come out of the winter darkness into a new year, the Barony is going to be taking some steps to make sure we can be more connected now even while we must remain apart.
First, we will be continuing the incredible guest speaker series The Lions Den, with dates on the An Tir Kingdom calendar well into May (https://antir.org/events/). I invite you to join us tomorrow evening for our eleventh episode: The Skraeling Saga: Pre Columbian Indigenous Persona and how to make them, with Moon Hides the Sun.
Second, to enable easier access to monthly Council we will be holding the January meeting on the 20th via Zoom. More details on this to follow, but one of the discussion points on the agenda will be the Baronial purchase of a zoom account, so come and discuss the opportunities for using one!
Third, I would like to include a Social Media Deputy to that same council to help coordinate the online activities of the Barony beyond the website (which can be found at: https://lionsgate.tirrigh.org/). The Social Media Officer works with the Seneschal and the Coronets, dedicated to distributing announcements, creating content and moderating the social media channels that the Barony uses. I have included the job description below. Interested parties are asked to contact the seneschal and Their Excellencies (at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org respectively) to apply.
In the meanwhile, feel free to reach out to Their Excellencies or myself about other matters (we are looking at a Baronial Court in the near future, and could use some award recommendations! (https://lionsgate.tirrigh.org/recomendations/). I look forward to seeing you in The Lions Den tomorrow, and at Council on Wednesday.
Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh,
The Job Duties of the Social Media Deputy (as adapted from Society):
- Develop, create and distribute Social Media content across the Lions Gate Social media Channels.
- Coordinate communication and support current Social Media channels with the Seneschalate and Web team.
- Update the Barony on the latest Social media platforms and trends.
- Moderate and coordinate SCA policies across official platforms Regularly collaborate with Officers for Events and Social Media Announcements.
- Create and gather exciting content from across the Barony to distribute on social media channels
Additional resources can be found at: http://socsen.sca.org/social-media/social-media-resources/ All applications can be sent via email to: