In the days when An Tir was a Principality of the Kingdom of the West, the Crown granted the landed Baronesses the right to recognize Sergeants; those armoured fighters who meet the requirements of the rank and are willing to serve and swear fealty to their Baroness. In the years since, this rank has expanded to include Yeomen who specialize in missile combat, Gallants who show prowess in rapier combat, Lancers who show prowess in Equestrian combat, and most recently, Foresters who show prowess in non-combat missile weapon skills.
Candidates must petition the Baroness for permission to participate in the trials, then prepare to participate in a weekend of performance, written and oral testing. Candidates are tested in the arts, sciences, warfare, courtly manners, dancing, heraldry, games, and their “core skill” in either their martial activity. Candidates are encouraged to seek out members of the Sergeantry for assistance in preparing for the testing.
Successful candidates swear direct fealty to the Baroness of Lions Gate, and act as her protectors and military advisors.
Current Members of the Baroness’ Sergeantry
- Gallant Lokki inn helgi
- Gallant Malie Rennick
- Lancer Briana nic h’Eusaidh
- Lancer James Irvein
- Lancer Cassandra Wineday of Newingate
- Sergeant Þórbjorn of Lions Gate
- Sergeant Tirian the Blue
- Sergeant Agravaine Devereau
- Sergeant Harleigh Dhai
- Sergeant Galath ab Edwinh
- Sergeant Leuric Godwin
- Sergeant Miles fitz Hubert
- Sergeant Nereugei Kitad-un
- Sergeant Brynja Kortsdottir
- Sergeant Hraði inn Rakki
- Sergeant Jayson Werner
- Sergeant Jayson the Second of House Werner
- Sergeant William the Younger of House Werner
- Yeoman Megan Althea of Glengarriff
- Yeoman Rahil Al’Zarqa Humaa